There are many issues to consider in creating an estate plan. To begin with you should, ask yourself the following questions:
- What are my assets and what is their approximate value?
- Whom do I want to receive those assets and when?
- Who should manage those assets if I cannot, either during my lifetime or after my death?
- Who should be responsible for taking care of my minor children if I become unable to care for them myself?
- Who should make decisions on my behalf concerning my care and welfare if I become unable to care for myself?
- What do I want done with my remains after I die and where would I want them buried, scattered or otherwise laid to rest?
Once you have some answers to these questions, you are ready to seek the advice and services of a qualified lawyer. The attorneys at Lonich Patton Ehrlich Policastri can help you create an estate plan, and advise you on such issues as title to assets and the management of your estate.